Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday 12- Friday 16

Monday:
15 minute run towards Glen Park. Just checking if the injury was serious or not. Felt ok running 15 minutes but needed to hold back on running too much too soon. I felt if i ran 30 minutes i was going to feel and experience the same injury once again. Glad to know injury is not too serious.
Tuesday: Tested what min/mile i was running at when i got injured last week. Turned out that i was running at or a little below 6 min/mile. Although i felt capable mentally and physically, my chronically injured knee did not hold. On tuesday, last week i held that pace for half an hour and the day before i also ran pretty hard for a while. I provably should hold that energy for a race and focus on getting, at last, 100% knee injury free. This will be my goal for the next month i will be spending at home in Mexico. I will have plenty of time to organize myself on a training/rehab schedule that will get me healthy. I have never attempted anything like this and now near the end of the year i feel like i have a lot of information that i can use to get, hopefully, 100%. This year has been great, i was able to run and complete races without being 100% injury free. On my second race i was able to get a competitive time feeling great at the end of the run and with hardly any soreness the following days. I think i know what took me to that level and complemented with a few things i have learned over the past months has me excited about starting a new year with a pre-season of hard work on my back ready to race and run with confidence.
Wednesday:
Night 40 minute 5 mile run at CCSF Track. 9.25 min/mile pace. 10 minute stair climbing and a nice 15 min stretch. Felt ok but will not go overboard. Looks like my injury was just a little scare. i will not take this reminder for granted, will concentrate on being patient.
Thursday:
Off from running, felt pain on leg tendons from night run yesterday, will ice tonight.
Friday:
Off

No comments:

Post a Comment