Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Patelofemoral Pain Syndrome Rehab & 1 year of Blogger

Yesterday was the first day i did any type physical activity with the intent to be rehab for injury or to get back at my training schedule. I know i still have sharp pain when going down a hill so i will just do short distances to maintain or keep fitness level. I will start gym training later today and will do a good rehab plan i put together from past experiences and plain experience in this i do quite good nowadays. 

A few words about Headlands 50M: 
I must admit that dropping the race at mile 46 gave me a bit of disappointment and it also took a lot from me. First of all, i think i made the right decision on dropping the race. I could have hiked the remaining 4 miles and finish the race but that meant risking a more serious injury and i don't want to do that anymore. I have no intention on spending the least amount of injury time, i have done that in the past and don't want to do it again. Another good reason for my decision is the fact that i am registered for The North Face 50M on December and i want to be healthy for that one.  I don't know how healthy i will be on December first but i will do a strict rehab until then and see what happens. 

Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that around this time last year i began venturing with blogger. It has been so interesting to think that for the past year i have wrote what i do for training nearly every day. There is no doubt that the passion i have developed for ultrarunning has made the time consuming and dedication of writing your everyday activities almost effortless task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment